Guidelines for a Successful Photograph
- Consider your point of view and the angle you take your pictures.
- Consider lighting and time of day- early morning and late afternoon are the best times to take photos. Keep the sun behind you- do not shoot into the sun. (unless you use fill-in flash)
- Fill the frame of the viewfinder…get close to your subject matter.
- Avoid distracting backgrounds.
- Take both horizontal and vertical photographs.
- Lock the focus and re-frame/re-position your subject so it is not always centered.
- Consider the rule of thirds…even if you break the rule, compose your shot.